Last Updated on July 6, 2022 by Krunal Shah
This calculator is to find out input current of induction motor. You can find amperes of both single phase and three phase equipments when kW is known to you.
KW to Ampere Calculator
How to use the calculator?
- From the drop down, select the phase.
- For this calculator, note down the voltage, efficiency, power factor and kW of the motor. You can find details from the motor nameplate.
- Enter the data collected in respective fields.
- You can take value 0.8 for pf and 0.8 for efficiency if it is not available on motor name plate.
- The calculator would show automatically the calculated value.
Formulas to Convert kW to Amperes
Single Phase formula to Convert kW to Amperes
For single phase, amperes (A) is equal to kilowatts (kW) multiply by 1000 whole divided by Voltage (V) multiply by Power Factor (PF) multiply by Efficiency (EFF). Multiplying by thousand would convert kilowatts into watts.
Three Phase formula to Convert kW to Amperes
For three phase, amperes (A) is equal to kilowatts (kW) multiply by 1000 whole divided by Voltage (V) multiply by Power Factor (PF) multiply by Efficiency (EFF) multiply by square root of 3.
Other Useful Calculators
- Line Reactor Calculator
- Motor Torque Calculator
- Air Conditioner Electricity Cost Calculator
- Solar Sizing Calculator
- Ohm’s Law Calculator
- RC Time Constant Calculator
- Volt Amps Calculator – How to calculate kVA of electrical device?
- LED Series Resistor Calculator
- Battery Runtime Calculator
- How to find Neutral Current in 3 phase system?
- Power Factor Calculator
- Calculator to find Fahrenheit or Celsius
- How to convert Horsepower to Kilowatts?
- Power Factor Correction Calculator
- Kilowatts Calculator for AC Motors
- Horsepower Calculator – How to calculate horsepower of AC Motor?
- kVA to Ampere Calculator – How to convert kVA to Ampere?
- Horsepower to Amperes Calculator for AC Motors