If you are using VFD, you might have seen input line reactors or input chokes connected before VFD.
So, how to size a line reactor for VFD?
This Line reactor calculator would help you to calculate the required inductance as well as percentage impedance of the line reactor.
Line Reactor Calculator
How to use the Line Reactor Calculator?
- Enter the line to line voltage. This is the supply voltage that you are going to give to your VFD via line reactor.
- Enter the rated frequency. It could be either 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Note down the load amperes from the drive nameplate and enter the value.
- And lastly, enter percentage impedance or inductance (depending upon what you choose to calculate).
The calculator would give you an answer.
Let us take examples for both the choices.
Also See other Calculators
- Motor Torque Calculator
- Air Conditioner Electricity Cost Calculator
- Solar Sizing Calculator
- How to calculate Voltage Unbalance?
- Kilowatts Calculator for AC Motors
- Ohm’s Law Calculator
- RC Time Constant Calculator
- LED Series Resistor Calculator
- Battery Runtime Calculator
- How to find Neutral Current in 3 phase system?
- Power Factor Calculator
- Power Factor Correction Calculator
- Horsepower Calculator